How to install Convection Oven and Normal Microwave Oven?
Microwave Ovens and Convection Ovens can be found in almost all households these days. They make the basic food heating process relatively easier. A Microwave Oven uses an electromagnetic field at a very high frequency to penetrate through the food and heat it from inside and out. It is small and box-like and is usually portable. It uses a magnetron to produce high frequency up to a level of 2450 Megahertz to carry out the heating process.
Now, Convection Ovens are slightly different, in the terms that any heat produced inside the appliance is equally distributed in the heating chamber. It consists of a fan or exhaust inside that moves to distribute the heat equally inside the oven. Thus in a normal oven where dishes closest to the heating elements heat up the fastest, in Convection Ovens, it all heats up at the same time. Food usually tends to cook faster inside a Convection Oven as compared to a regular oven. It conserves energy as well. Let’s see how to install Convection Microwave Oven in the following sections.
Installation Process of a Convection and Microwave Ovens
While the installation process for either of these ovens is not very difficult, it is still advised to take the help of a professional during the installation procedures. Now let’s start with the normal Microwave Oven installation.
How to install Microwave Oven?
- A Microwave Oven can be of two types. It could be an under-cabinet type or a mounted oven for either of those, first, locate your microwave vent and make sure it is not tightly against a wall.
- Remove any loose or movable objects like the turntable, trays, etc. from inside the microwave.
- Place the microwave in a recessed cabinet or on a shelf. If these are not there, you may have to drill holes into your cabinet surface and mount the oven using screws.
- If mounting using screws, make sure that none of the screws are loose, and the appliance is not moving or shaking at all.
- Now, clean the inside of the microwave and plug it in.
- Check all of its functionalities to make sure everything is working.
How to install Convection Microwave Oven?
The Convection Oven will usually require a professional’s assistance to be installed since it does not come with a normal plug-in electricity system. Here are the steps and microwave convection oven installation requirements. Read and know how to install an electric convection oven.
- Please take off the packaging and make sure no loose objects are left inside it before installation, cleaning it is also a good idea.
- Place it on a sturdy table near the electricity box where it is to be connected.
- With the help of proper guidance, you will have to hardware the oven to an electricity box since it does not come along with a lug.
- Once the hardwiring done, you can slide it into its designated cabinet near the electricity box.
- Using the mounting holes in the oven, fix it in the cabinet using screws.
- Make sure all the screws tightened enough, and the oven leveled up.
- Turn the power on and check its complete functionalities to ensure that it is working fine.
Hope you got to know how to install convection microwave oven. For easy and safe installation, you always need to pick the best convection microwave with good quality and warranty.
Safety Precautions for installing Microwave Oven
There are a few tasks in the installation process that are hazardous if not carried out with proper skill or guidance. Carry these out under guidance from a professional or with the assistance of a professional to avoid risks.
- During drilling, make sure to keep your hands at least 5 to 10 centimeters away from the drilling needle.
- Cover your eyes with protective glasses while drilling to avoid flints of wood or other particles flying into the eyes and causing any damage.
- Ensure to keep your face away and hold the drill properly in place.
- While hardwiring the Convection Oven, make sure you’re wearing insulated gloves.
- Ensure that the main circuits turned off during hardwiring to avoid any electric damages.
No, not only on convection oven, you should not the microwave on any of the appliances.
If you follow the proper guidelines, you can put aluminum foil in a convection microwave. Make sure to prevent the appliance from any damages while placing metal foil in it.
The overall installation process for Microwave Ovens is slightly more tedious than that of Convection Ovens. While the safety hazards are relatively low for these appliances, it is necessary to make sure that you are considering all the safety measures listed out. Better take guidance or assistance from a professional while working on these installations.
Since Microwave Ovens have become essential items in all households these days, it is necessary to know the basics of its installations for every individual because you never know what skill might come handy. For more guidelines on how to install Convection Microwave Ovens, you can place a comment in the below box.